West Highland Lochs, mountains and castles tour from Edinburgh
- Step out into the mesmerizing West Highland Lochs
- Explore the Scottish wiilderness in one day with experts local guides
- Hop on a bus and discover Loch Lomond and Loch Awe
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? This one day tour from Edinburgh takes you to some of the most beautiful sites of the Western Highlands including Loch Lomond, Loch Awe, Kilchum Castle, Stirling Castle and Doune Castle. As you leave Edinburgh, you'll head west, passing the historic and imposing Stirling Castle, high on its volcanic rock and going on to Doune Castle (you might know it from the famous movie ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’). From there, you will start your journey into the Highlands, past the lovely Loch Lubnaig and up through impressive Glen Ogle, to one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle. Then it’s on to Inveraray, a charming little town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. You'll explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only).
By then, your journey will be almost over, but the road back to Edinburgh is absolutely gorgeous! You'll drive over the Arrochar Alps, a beautiful range of mountains with a brief pause near the top of the 'Rest and Be Thankful Pass'. One thing is for sure, you'll definitely be thankful for this trip.
- Knowledgeable driver guide
- Luxury modern air-conditioned coach
- Digital translations
- Entrance to attractions such as Inverary Castle (April to October, alternatives offered in the other months) and Doune Castle
- Food and drinks
- Child (5-16 years old): Reduced
- Senior (over 60 years old): Reduced
- Students: Reduced
521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE
Please meet your guide outside the green Ensign Ewart pub.
- Digital translations of the tours are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Russian, Italian and Chinese
- Only foldable wheelchairs can be accomodated on this tour. If you are bringing wheelchair, please notify the tour operator before departure via the contact number on your voucher
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour
- Children under 5 years old cannot participate in this tour
- Please bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, wear comfortable walking shoes and take sun-block or a hat for sunny days
- This tour runs daily
- It departs at 9.15am and returns at 7.00pm
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
Crossing the infamous Forth Railway Bridge, you head into Fife which is where all the action takes p...
On this day tour, you're in for a full-day of sightseeing. Your first of port of call is Loch Lomond...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...
For Harry Potter fans, train enthusiasts and those who like to see Scotland in classical style this ...