Leaving Edinburgh the tour begins with a journey north to Kinross and to Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery for the first whisky themed stop of the day. Dewar's world-renowned crafted highland single malt Aberfeldy whisky has been produced at Aberfeldy Distillery since 1898. There you can enjoy an optional whisky and chocolate tasting tour which will make you feel like a true Scotsman before heading to the village of Aberfeldy for lunch. You'll spend time here exploring its streets, enjoying its picturesque scenery and even eating something typical before you move onto Loch Lubnaig, and then to Deanston Distillery. Located on the River Teith, Deanston Distillery was a cotton mill for over 180 years and has been distilling whisky using traditional methods since the 1960s. The final stop of the day will be a short photo break at Doune Castle (famous for its appearances in Outlander, Game of Thrones and Outlaw King) before you return to Edinburgh.
Ultimate whisky experience from Edinburgh
Availability: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Duration: up to 9 hours 45 minutes
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Discover all the secrets about whisky and its making process
- Visit the distilleries Dewar's and Deanston
- View stunning scenery across Loch Lubnaig
- Explore the Scottish wilderness in one day with expert local guides
What to expect
- Knowledgeable driver guide
- Luxury modern air-conditioned coach
- Digital translations
What's not included
- Deanston Distillery: £13
- Dewar's Whisky and Chocolate tasting: £23
- Food and drink
- Child (5-16 years old): Reduced
- Senior (over 60 years old): Reduced
- Students: Reduced
521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE
Please meet your guide outside the green Ensign Ewart pub.
What to remember
- Digital translations of the tours are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Russian, Italian and Chinese
- Only foldable wheelchairs can be accomodated on this tour. If you are bringing wheelchair, please notify the tour operator before departure via the contact number on your voucher
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour
- Children under 5 years old cannot participate in this tour
- Please bring warm and/or waterproof clothing, wear comfortable walking shoes and take sun-block or a hat for sunny days
- This tour runs on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- It departs at 8.45am and returns to Edinburgh at 6.30pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.