Highland Lochs, Glens and Whisky - 1 Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Take in the dramatic views of the waterfalls, lochs and luscious forests
- Get a taste of the local whisky at a genuine Scottish distillery
- Discover the fascinating history and legends of the Scottish highlands
You'll journey through the Central Highlands taking in the waterfalls of the Hermitage Forest Walk, Pitlochry, the Queen’s View and the splendor of Loch Tay.
You'll also visit a whisky distillery for a tour and tasting of Scotland’s “Water of Life”. This tour is great for those who enjoy forest walks, waterfalls, dramatic mountain views and learning about the art of making whisky; and you'll get a taste of it too! Explore the history and legends of the Scottish Highland Heartlands.
You'll travel over the stunning Forth Road Bridge to Dunkeld and The Hermitage for a forest walk amongst spectacular waterfalls and the tallest trees in the country. Then journey north for lunch at Pitlochry before traveling to see the Queen’s View on Loch Tummel- an iconic viewpoint said to be the favorite of queens.
Your afternoon continues as you cross the mountains to majestic Loch Tay sitting beneath dramatic Ben Lawers. Here you'll make a stop at the picturesque waterside village of Kenmore. You'll finish the day with a visit to Dewar’s World of Whisky at Aberfeldy Distillery to discover the secrets of single malt whisky, before returning to Edinburgh.
- Transport in a 16 seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Optional gratuities
- Entrance to Dewar's World of Whisky (Aberfeldy Distillery) Approx. £10.50 pp
- Child: 5-15 years
- Rabbie's Café, 6 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EG
- Children aged 5-15 must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is unable to accommodate children under 5
- Pack your waterproof clothing and walking shoes
- For safety reasons, visitors must not wear open-toed shoes. Appropriate footwear is required for entrance to Dewar's distillery
- Starting from November, Dewar's distillery is closed on selected days throughout the winter. On these days there is an alternative visit to Glenturret distillery
- Cancellation: For one day tours, half-day tours and city tours (being single day tours with a specific itinerary, which are available for booking on scheduled dates from scheduled departure points, together “sightseeing tours”),
the following cancellation charges shall apply (depending on the effective date of cancellation):-
a. cancellation more than 72 hours before the tour departure: 0% of the tour price;
b. cancellation less than 72 hours before the tour departure: 100% of the tour price;
c. in the event of a ‘no show’ the charge is 100% of the tour price
Departs 09:00 am
Returns 6:30 pm
You'll follow in the footsteps of Scotland's greatest legends Rob Roy and William Wallace, discover ...
You'll be taken to South Queensferry to view the incredible engineering feat and UNESCO World Herita...
Perfect for anyone who is short on time, this 'Scotland in a Day' tour covers the magnificent beauty...
Leaving Edinburgh, you'll travel west to 600 year old Doune Castle where you'll learn about how the ...
Departing from Edinburgh, this tour will travel north-west, venturing to Midhope Castle which is als...
See the beautiful Loch Lomond and the breathtaking Highlands on this day trip and finish it up with ...
Visit the infamous Loch Ness and travel through the beautiful Highlands of Scotland on this day trip...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Visit the scenes of many horrific tortures, murders and supernatural happenings on this award winnin...
Travel through the heartland of Scotland, exploring some of the most important historical sites in S...