Utah Beach and Sainte Mère Eglise Tour in Normandy
- Immerse yourself in the history of the D-Day in Utah beach
- Visit the famous Utah Beach Museum focuses on the American invasion
- Discover Sainte Mère Eglise, the famous village during the American Airborne Landing
- Explore the Airborne Museum to understand what the paratroopers experienced
Enjoy a full day dedicated to the memory of the heroes of the last world war but also a charming visit of this Normandy region famous for producing cider, calvados liquor, the unrivaled Camembert cheese, and historical medieval cities!
En route, you will discover the unique variety of landscape which is Normandy’s most striking features called: le Bocage Normand.
Your full-day guided tour will start with visiting the site of Utah beach, one of the US landing beaches in Normandy.
Explore the fascinating Utah Beach Museum and learn about the story of D-Day, from its preparation to its success. Admire the many fully restored military artifacts such as an impressive craft, a B26 bomber, of which there are only a few copies in the world. During your visit, you will also relive the epic experience of American soldiers through a 15-minute film "Victory in the Sand" awarded as the best museum documentary.
After your visit, you will not only understand the strategic choice and the reason for the success of Utah Beach but also the role and importance of the Normandy landings in the overall context of the Second World War.
Afterward, you'll visit one of the key towns in the area that is to say Sainte-Mère Eglise famous for John Steele the American paratrooper who remained hanging from the steeple of the church of this little village on D-day. You will discover that Sainte-Mère Eglise is also home to a fantastic Airborne Museum!
During the visit to the Airborne Museum, you'll have a much better understanding of what paratroopers faced on D-Day.
If the time allows you will either pay a visit to the site of La Pointe du Hoc where 225 Rangers have climbed the cliff to destroy the German batteries.
- 13-hour tour
- Professional driver/guide
- Guided tour
- Entrance tickets
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Our experienced licensed driver-guides trained by us will come to pick you up at your hotel to guide you all along the tour you have chosen and will provide all the necessary information you want to have
- Visit of the landing beaches sites (Sword Beach, Juno Beach, Gold Beach and Omaha Beach) depending on the weather and the traffic
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Pick-up at the hotel starts at 7.00 am
- All reservations must be for a minimum of 2 persons. IMPORTANT: A reservation for one person when available will have to pay for 2
- The tour is operated with deluxe Mercedes 6 or 8 seated brand new air-conditioned Minivan V Class with Glassed panoramic roof and S Class with licensed driver-guide
- Tours are available in English and Spanish (tours in another language on request)
- Please wear appropriate shoes and clothes
- From February until November 2020
- Every day at 7.00 am
As they discover the numerous exhibition spaces at the Mémorial de Caen Museum, visitors take a jour...
This half-day tour is the best opportunity to taste the best of Normandy food: cheese and hard cider...
Have you ever tried real Camembert made with raw milk? You will visit the last standing farm in the ...
Discover “Normandy’s 100 Days”, a visually stunning and moving film shown on the 9 screens of the Ar...
The Day Pass includes a self-guided visit of the Mémorial de Caen and a guided tour of the D-Day Lan...
Live a full day dedicated to the memory of the heroes of the last word war. You will cross the Norma...