Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in the 1970s to one of the most popular cultural centers today. Dive into the world of art, music, fashion and alternative lifestyles, uncover formerly squatted houses and learn more about current social projects. Visit the Arthouse Bethanien in a historic hospital building, see the “Treehouse” at the Berlin Wall and discover an urban gardening project.
From the multicultural hotspot Kottbuser Tor to the lively Oranienstraße and the famous Görlitzer Bahnhof train station – your guide will show you the colorful and exciting facettes of the unique quarter Berlin-Kreuzberg.
See the following attractions on the Wild Kreuzberg tour:
- Kottbusser Tor, subway line 1 (Berlin’s first subway)
- Oranienstraße, blind man‘s workshop
- Kreuzberg courtyards
- SO36 (legendary music club and party location)
- Prince Heinrich of Prussia Square
- Women’s center (former chocolate factory)
- Mariannenplatz, firemen memorial, Arthouse Bethanien, Fontane Pharmacy
- Georg-von-Rauch-Haus (a former occupied building)
- The “Treehouse” at the Berlin Wall
- Urban gardening project „Ton Steine Gärten”
- Spreewald Platz, Görlitzer Park
- Market Hall 9 (food market)