Private Berlin Wall bike tour
- Explore Berlin's history on this private bike tour
- See the famous Berlin Wall Memorial
- Stop at the most historic places throughout the city
After meeting your guide at Alexanderplatz you will head away from the Mitte district and the pedestrian Cold War sights to take in more of the former East, more of the Wall, and more of what makes Berlin the unique city it is today. You will go east along the imposing Karl-Marx-Allee before taking in the colorful East Side Gallery and the powerful Treptower Park Memorial. From there you will return through the former no-man’s-land death strip to visit checkpoints and hear tales of espionage and escape attempts.
Your guide will teach you about the Cold War and other important worldwide events to show how these effectively put Berlin at the forefront of Cold War tension. You will stop for a lunch break at a nice cafe in the former East, which offers a great opportunity to ask your guide more questions about the Cold War or the Berlin of today.
Some of the hotspots you will stop at include:
- The East Side Gallery
- Treptow Soviet Memorial
- No-man's-land watchtower
- Günter Litfin Memorial
- Invaliden Cemetery
- New government quarter
- Mauer Park
- Comfortable cruiser or city-style bike
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Experienced, English-speaking guide
- Option to keep your bike after the tour at a discounted rate
- Gratuities (optional)
- Snacks/Lunch (please bring cash for a snack break)
Panoramastraße 1A, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide at the Fat Tire Tours shop at Alexanderplatz, located at the foot of the big TV Tower (Fernsehturm).
- The bikes have luggage racks for carrying small bags
- Larger bags can be locked up in the bike shop during the tour
- Several kids' bikes, seats, and helmets available
- The tour also runs in case of rain. Pocket-sized rain ponchos can be bought at the bike shop
- The tour operators have carefully selected a snack stop - Please be sure to have cash with you on tour as snacks are not included in the tour price
- Packing an extra layer of clothing is recommendable in case it gets chilly during the tour
- Please arrive 15 minutes before prior to your scheduled tour.
- This tour operates every day at 9.30am and 10.30am
Delve with a historian into Berlin’s history as the capital of Nazi Germany during the Third Reich. ...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...
Tradition and innovation. Structure and freedom. Monochrome and vibrant colour. All can be utterly f...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...