Berlin Wall and Cold War bike tour
- An overall historical insight on the Cold War
- Visit the sights with a dedicated, expert English-speaking guide
- See Berlin from east to west - trace the wall that divided the world
You will head away from the Mitte district and the pedestrian Cold War sights to take in more of the former East, more of the Wall, and more of what makes Berlin the unique city it is today. On our Berlin Wall Bike Tour you will visit the Berlin Wall Memorial, see a former watchtower, visit the land once known as the no-man's land, see where the East German Secret Police kept their secret files, and learn about escape attempts in the places they took place.
To put the Cold War into perspective we’ll timeline other important worldwide events to show how these effectively put Berlin at the forefront of Cold War tension. This is a great opportunity to ask your guide more questions about the Cold War or the Berlin of today.
- Berlin Wall Memorial
- Former Death Strip
- No-man's-land watchtower
- Site of tunnels and escapes
- Stasi Records Agency
- Günter Litfin Memorial
- Invaliden Cemetery
- New government quarter
- Subway ghost station
- Chapel of Reconciliation
- Mauer Park
- Comfortable cruiser bike or city-style bike
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Experienced, English-speaking guide
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Infant 0-3 years old: free
- Children 3-12 years old: reduced
- Students: reduced
Panoramastraße 1A, 10178 Berlin, Deutschland
At the base of the TV Tower (Fernsehturm) in Alexanderplatz. Tours meet just around the corner in front of the entrance to the tower. You will see the guides there with the large, red flags. Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- All guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- We recommend to bring an extra layer of clothing in case it gets chilly during the tour
- Comfortable, closed toed shoes are recommended
- All tours run rain or shine
- From 10 April 2020 - 31 October 2020: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday at 10.00am
- Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
The Berlin City Bike Tour is packed full of great Berlin sites and fascinating stories and anecdotes...
You are short on time but want to see all the important sights of Berlin? Then join this tour, where...
For 12 years Berlin was the capital of the Third Reich. Hitler’s reign began in 1933, spread across ...
Lassen Sie sich von uns vom Checkpoint Charlie über den Potsdamer Platz und den letzten original Wac...
First time in Berlin? This is the perfect tour for you! Visit all of Berlin’s most famous sights and...
Save time by skipping the line to enjoy the panorama of Berlin from the tower's observation deck, wh...
From the restaurant of the Berlin TV Tower, you have a visibility range of about 70km over the city ...
On the third level inside the big ball on the TV Tower Berlin you find the "Sphere" restaurant. Its ...
Berlin has been at the epicenter of the most catastrophic conflicts of modern times but the seeds of...
Ein Fesselballon mitten im Herzen von Berlin. Genießen Sie einen atemberaubenden Ausblick aus 150 Me...