Berlin History landmarks and highlights
- Visit some of the most historically important sites of the 20th Century
- See the imposing Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate
- View the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Pass one of the original surviving sections of the Berlin Wall
In under 5km you will visit some of the most historically important sites of the 20th Century, not just Europe but the whole of the world. See the imposing Reichstag, originally the parliament building constructed after the formation of the 2nd Reich and the scene of the first major step towards dictatorship after Hitler being made Chancellor in 1933.
As well as the easily recognizable, like the Brandenburg Gate, you will also visit what could be described as ‘ghost-sites’ like the nondescript car-park under which lie the remains of the Fuhrer Bunker. This was where Hitler killed himself with the Soviet forces almost upon him.
See how the German state deals with its complex and dark past as we visit a number of memorials on our way including the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and the Memorial to the Nazi Book Burning in Babbels Platz.
Pass one of the original surviving sections of the Berlin Wall, the very symbol of the Cold War and discuss how, why and when it was constructed, what brought it down, as well as accounts of the brutality of the East German Border Guards and incredible stories of escape.
Then head further Eastwards where you will start to appreciate the architectural grandeur of what was Prussian and then Imperial Berlin.
If you have never been to Berlin before and you would like to sample something from all of the incredible historical epoch’s of this city’s history then look no further and choose to join a private and personal tour or group tour.
Sites visited include:
- Alexanderplatz, Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate
- The Museum Island & Humboldt University
- Bebelsplatz & Gendarmenmarkt,
- Checkpoint Charlie & Topography of Terror
- Luftwaffe HQ & Fuhrer Bunker
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Expert guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to sites visited
Ebertstraße 24, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your tour outside Hopfingerbrau which is located next to the Brandenburg Gate.
- Group tour has a maximum of 20 people
- Daily at 10.00am
- Beginning 1 August tours will operate Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...