Full day tour of Utah, Omaha & US airborne sectors
- A full day visit to the Key Beaches, sites & museums linked to D-Day.
- Visit both Utah and Omaha Landing Beaches including the US Cemetery
- Walk upon Pointe du Hoc and learn how US rangers scaled this vertical cliff
- Discover Sainte-Mère-l’Église, heart of the jump zone for the 82nd Airborne
With this Normandy battlefield tour, you will discover on a full day the key beaches, sites and museums linked to D-Day.
The tour will first take you to Omaha, where the deadliest of the landings took place. You will learn more about the landing and the following days at the D-Day museum right next to the beach.
Then you will discover Utah beach, the second beach where the American troops landed. There, the "Musée du Débarquement" will tell you all about the planning and the execution of D-Day from the American side. Your guide will also take you to the US military cemetery where you can pay your respects to the ones who fell during D-Day and the battle of Normandy that followed.
To finish the American sector, you will head to the Pointe du Hoc, a breathtaking cliff offering lunar landscapes and a magnificent viewpoint over the English Channel.
At the end of your sightseeing tour of Normandy, you will go to the village of Sainte-Mère-Eglise, heart of the jump zone for the 82nd Airborne U.S. forces. Indeed, the D-Day landings did not only happen from the sea! Paratroopers rained on this village, and one of them famously got caught in the tower of the church. The Airborne Museum retraces the involvement of the paratroopers and the airborne forces in the D-Day landings.
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located meeting point in Bayeux
- English speaking driver/guide
- Transportation in recent, fully equipped compact van
- Stop at Utah & Omaha Beaches
- Visit US Cemetery
- Visit of “Pointe du Hoc”
- Stop in Sainte Mère Eglise
- Free WIFI access on board
- Entrance fees or tasting fees unless mentioned
- Personal insurance & expenses
- Eventual Gratuities for the driver/guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Senior from 65 and above are reduced
- Children from 4 to 12 are reduced
Place du Québec - Bayeux
You will meet your guide on the Place du Québec in Bayeux
- Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to operate. In case minimum numbers are not reached we will offer to reschedule or refund your tour
- Tour returns to the departure point
- At lunchtime, your English-speaking guide will point out the best places to eat depending on the location you are at this hour.
- This tour is not suitable for Children under 4 years old
- From April 1st to October 31st, 2019
- Departures at 9.00am
Have you ever tried real Camembert made with raw milk? You will visit the last standing farm in the ...
In this guided tour, you will visit the American cemetery with a local guide and learn about the his...
The Normandy Victory Museum is a new historical center dedicated to the events of the summer of 1944...
During this half-day tour, you will have the opportunity to visit all the most significant US battle...
Enjoy an half-day tour and discover the stories of the Canadian Armed Forces involvement on D-Day. A...
During this full-day excursion, you will reach from Bayeux the magical abbey-crowned island of Mont ...