Self-guided Jewish Quarter tour with entrance to Barcelona's Mayor Synagogue
- Discover the oldest Synagogue in Europe and its interesting history
- Learn more about the Jewish’s lifestyle through a 3D virtual journey
- Find out other synagogues and emblematic places around the Jewish Quarter
- Use a guide map with the emblematic places to enjoy the tour at your own pace
An interactive guide map will take you around the Old Jewish Quarter in Barcelona to experience the history of the community while you stroll down the Gothic Quarter. You will also get the chance to watch a 3D video that will recreate the Jewish lifestyle, customs and peaceful community until the mass attack that the population encountered in 1391 which led to their extinction in Spain. The project collects a wide historical data that has been done by the Beit Jabad in Barcelona.
During your visit to the Major Synagogue, the guide map will give you a detailed explanation of the history and discovery of this important place. You will also stroll down narrow streets that date back to the Middle Age and find the symbols and buildings in the area which still conserve the Jewish identity. Discover the art and architecture of the old Synagogue (Sholo Ben Adret) as well as the house which was owned by a Jewish alchemist. Moreover, explore the small Jewish Quarter near the Roman wall.
Please note: Start your self-guided Jewish Quarter Experience at the Barcelona Call Jewish Shop and watch the 3D virtual video to go back in time. Exchange your voucher here for the Synagogue entrance and present it at the box office.
- Ticket to the Major Synagogue
- Interactive Guide Map with the top attractions and entrances
- A virtual journey through a 3D experience in the “Call Barcelona” (Beit Jabad)
- Children up to 8 years old: free
Call Barcelona (Beit Jabad), Carrer de Sant Honorat, 9, 08002 Barcelona
- This activity is available in Spanish, English and Hebrew
- Minimum estimated time: 1h 30min
- The visited buildings are not adapted for people with reduced mobility
- Monday to Friday: 10 am – 5 pm
- Sunday: 10 am – 2:30 pm
- Closed on Saturday
- Blackout dates: 1 and 6 January, 14 April, 1 May, 1 July, 11 and 30 September, 1, 8 and 9 October, 1 November, 24 and 25 December
Big Opening Circus Fridays The best session to not stop dancing! MAINROOM: URBAN MUSIC: DJ OUMAR SKY...
LOCKED pres. Agents of Time - EXTENDED SET It all started in a store room, a drink and a bit of time...
█ Voltage x HEX █ The Belgian festival lands in Barcelona for the first time with this brand new col...
Of the Belleville Three, the cadre of early Detroit producers who tested the limits of spirit within...
SATURDAY | JANUARY 2020 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00 am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, T...
Since its record debut more than twelve years ago, CORE, formerly known as Daniel Kyo, has been leav...