Montserrat Tour with Cogwheel Train
- Enjoy the spectacular view of the imposing mountain
- Reach the Monastery of Montserrat in a cogwheel train
The Montserrat Afternoon Tour with cogwheel train is a unique experience not to be missed if you plan on visiting Barcelona. This tour will last approximately 4 and a half hours.
Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus that will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). You will go up to Montserrat in a cogwheel train which will leave you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which makes the actual journey an interesting attraction. The trains are air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair friendly.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain which shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin.
The Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs of pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
- Air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual Official guide (English and Spanish)
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to Audiovisual 'Espai Audiovisual Montserrat'
- Cogwheel train
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (4-12 years): reduced
- For infants (0-3 years) the tour is free
Carrer de Balmes, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate so, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- Daily from 1 April - 31 October at 3.00pm / Check-in time: 2.45pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1 November - 31 March at 2.30pm / Check-in time: 2.15pm
Big Opening Circus Fridays The best session to not stop dancing! MAINROOM: URBAN MUSIC: DJ OUMAR SKY...
█ Voltage x HEX █ The Belgian festival lands in Barcelona for the first time with this brand new col...
Of the Belleville Three, the cadre of early Detroit producers who tested the limits of spirit within...
SATURDAY | FEBRUARY 2020 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00 am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, ...
FRIDAY | FEBRUARY 2020 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00 am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, TH...
A regular of Olmos's sessions, which he has accompanied several times, in a session for himself. Usu...