Montserrat and Sagrada Familia full-day guided tour
- Explore two of Catalonia's most famous highlights
- Visit the sacred monastery of Montserrat before the crowds arrive
- Visit the Sagrada Familia with skip-the-line access
- Expert local English-speaking guide to get the most out of your visit
Visit two of the most revered destinations in Catalonia in a day: the monastery of Montserrat and the Sagrada Familia.
We begin our tour with an early morning trip to Montserrat, departing from central Barcelona. After a short hour's drive, during which you’ll be entertained by local legends and history from your expert guide, you will arrive at Montserrat and enjoy a privileged early visit of the mountain – well before most other travelers! This precious time advantage will allow you to soak in the serenity and beauty of your surroundings before the daily crowds.
Upon arrival to the mountain, you'll enjoy a brief orientation tour as your guide leads you to the monastery and the majestic gothic basilica with its Black Madonna statue. You'll have ample free time to explore - take an optional cable car ride to take in the sweeping views and bizarre rock formation; enjoy the impressive collection of local and international art at the museum, or learn even more about the history and current activities of the mountain and its monks at an interactive exhibition. Finally, save a bit of time to savor regional delicacies, from herbal liqueurs to a variety of local cheeses and honey.
After your Montserrat morning, you'll be back in Barcelona to enjoy some free time near the Sagrada Familia and to have a quick lunch.
You'll skip the line to the heart of the Sagrada Familia and will hear from your guide the stories and anecdotes that will help you get the most from your visit of this monument. After more than 100 years of tireless work, the basilica is still under construction, and it’s easy to understand why. You'll learn how Gaudí considered the project his personal holy mission, and the great personal sacrifices he made to ensure its completion. Sadly, he would not live to see it finished, but he left behind enough of a legacy to ensure that future architects and artists would follow his vision while adding their own artistic flair.
- Return transportation in an air-conditioned bus from Barcelona to Montserrat
- Entrance tickets to Sagrada and Montserrat
- English-speaking tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (0-1 years): free
- Children (2-14 years): reduced
Make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure. Our coordinator will be holding a sign for easy recognition.
Morning tour: coming from Plaça d'Espanya, look out for the two towers (Torres Venecianes). Your meeting point in under the tower on the right-hand side, located in Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina. Metro stop: Espanya (Lines 1, 3 and 8)
Afternoon tour: in Carrer de La Marina, next to the lake in Parco de Plaza de Gaudi, under the big spotlights. Just across the road of the group entrance to the main façade of the Sagrada Familia (Nativity Façade). Metro stop: Sagrada Familia (Lines 2 and 5)
- The morning service ends near Sagrada around 1.00pm
- The afternoon service ends at Sagrada Familia at 3.15pm
- Groups of 25 people
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
- Knees and shoulders must be covered to visit the venues
- Despite the skip-the-line access, some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 8.00am
Join a combination of two very popular tours, and discover all of the city's highlights in one singl...
In just 35 minutes the Aerobús shuttle connects Barcelona-El Prat airport with the center of Barcelo...
Visit Casa Milà, popularly known as La Pedrera, a building that is a reference point in world archit...
The Barcelona Aquàrium is located in the old harbor, Port Vell, and is the world’s largest aquarium ...
Casa Batlló is one of Barcelona's most emblematic modernist buildings and one of the most highly rat...
The Barcelona Card Express lets you make the most out of your stay in the splendid Catalan city!For ...
Olive oil is a basic element of the Mediterranean diet. For this reason, having this experience is a...
Get in the mood for your Game of Thrones tour and watch video clips featuring the filming locations ...
This exciting 3-hour evening tour includes a stroll around Barcelona to sample authentic Catalan tap...
Skip the lines to one of Barcelona’s most iconic buildings and watch an amazing audiovisual display ...