Round trip transfer from Arras or Lens to Vimy Ridge and La Targette
- Explore the Canadian National Memorial in Vimy at your own pace
- Discover surrounding First World War sites including La Targette and Neuville
- Enjoy comfortable private transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
You will be picked up at the train station or at your hotel and be driven in an air-conditioned vehicle for a tour at Vimy Ridge.
Our first stop will be in Vimy. You will visit the Canada National Vimy Memorial, which is the largest of Canada’s war memorial. It is dedicated to the memory of the 66,000 Canadians who died during the First World War. Canadian sculptor and architect Walter Seymour Allward captured the emotion of a nation faced with the sacrifice of its fellow citizens, as well as Canada’s deeply held values of peace and freedom. It offers an impressive view overlooking the plain of Artois. You could also visit the Visitor Education Centre and the Grange Subway tunnel. There are English and French speaking guides in the Visitor Education Centre and tours of the Grange tunnel. The rest of your visit to the site is self-guided.
On the way back to Arras, we will stop at La Targette where you will visit one of the largest French cemeteries of the First World War and the Memorial of Fraternization, located in a garden overlooking the surrounding necropolises. The memorial is a walkway symbolizing a trench. It leads to sculptures representing the moments of peace that enemy soldiers shared during truces, such as Christmas 1914. Built one hundred years later, the monument features a quotation by French Corporal Louis Barthas who dreamed that the fraternity among men who were forced to fight each other would one day be commemorated at this site. You could also visit the White House, the largest German cemetery in France where 44,833 soldiers are buried. They include the remains of 8,040 unidentified soldiers killed in the battle of Artois and buried under black crosses.
You will set with your driver the time of return at the departure point.
- Meet and Greet
- Round-trip private transportation
- Train station or hotel pick-up
- Comfortable and air-conditioned vehicles
- Bottles of water
- Lunch and food
We will be picked you up at the train station or at your hotel
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- You will set with your driver the time of return
- There are English and French speaking guides in the interpretation center and tours of the Grange tunnel in Vimy
- Interpretive services and visits to the Memorial are free of charge
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour will have a maximum of 4 passengers
- The Visitor Education Centre and the Grange Subway tunnel in Vimy have opening hours from 9.00 to 5.00pm
- In the case of poor weather parts of the site may be closed for access by the public.
- Closed from 19/07/2019 to 11/08/2019
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
You will be picked up at the train station or at your hotel and be driven in a comfortable vehicle f...