Volendam, Marken and windmills tour from Amsterdam
- Visit charming villages in the Dutch countryside
- Take pictures of beautiful windmills
- Stroll the traditional fishing village of Zuiderzee
- GPS audio guide in 16 languages
During your tour of Volendam, Marken and the windmills from Amsterdam, you will head toward the countryside north of Amsterdam to arrive at the edge of the river Zaan, where you will visit de Zaanse Schans, a windmill village characterized by green wooden houses.
At the turn of the 18th century this district was an industrial area with approximately 700 working windmills, however there are only five left today.
You will pass through typical Dutch scenery before arriving in Volendam where you will take a stroll. You will visit the traditional fisherman’s village of Marken, situated on the shores of the former Zuiderzee.
Your tour includes a visit to a working windmill, a boatride between Marken and Volendam, a demonstration in a cheese factory and a visit to a traditional clogmaker.
- Transportation in a deluxe coach
- GPS Audio guide in 16 languages
- Entrance to a windmill, clog maker and cheese factory
- Boat ride between Marken and Volendam
- Food and beverages
- Infants ages 0-3: free
- Children ages 4-12: reduced
Amsterdam Centraal, De Ruijterkade 34a, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Check in at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the tour at the tour operator's office in the Central Station’s IJ hall (on the far eastern side).
- Audio guide is available in Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Polish, Hindi, Hebrew, Japanese, Turkish
- 29 October – 17 March: Daily at 9.15am and 12.15pm
- 18 March – 28 October: Daily at 8.45am and 2.45pm
- Check in 30 minutes prior to departure
Take advantage of a combination ticket including two of the most interesting attractions in Amsterda...
Take advantage of a special combination for Amsterdam that includes a 24-hour hop-on, hop-off bus ti...
Combine a visit to the Moco Museum with a leisurely cruise along Amsterdam’s canals with this ticket...
Experience Amsterdam from the water and see the best sights the city has to offer on a 75-minute can...
Discover the highlights of Amsterdam at your own pace. Create your own itinerary and admire the city...
There is no better way to experience Amsterdam than from the water. Well maybe... if you add a reall...