This hop-on hop-off tour through Holland’s picturesque countryside is the perfect way to explore outside the city and experience the rich culture. All the stops of the tour offer a unique insight into Dutch history and tradition. There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy the tour at your own pace. You can also enjoy an audio walking tour at each stop.
Visit Monnickendam, which despite being a small fishing village today, holds much historical significance as a port in earlier centuries. Hop off the bus at the stop of Cheese Factory Henri Willig to visit the Cheese Farm where you can see how cheese is made and take a free guided tour of the farm. The next stops are in Volendam and Edam, both known for their fishing boats and stunning sceneries. In Volendam, you can still find residents in traditional Dutch costumes. In Zaanse Schans, admire a collection of well-preserved historic windmills and see Dutch history come to life. See the architecture in the Zaanstreek, which was the trade center of the region in the 19th century.
As each stop is unique and provides its own slice of culture, this tour is perfect for discovering and exploring the Dutch countryside. Spend as much time in each city as you want. The flexible hop-on hop-off tour gives you the unique possibility to discover all the villages at your own pace.
Hop on Hop off Cheese, Windmills and Dutch Villages stops (note that buses travel in one direction during the hop-on-hop-off tour in the following order):
- THIS IS HOLLAND (departure point with the last departure at 2.30pm)
- Zaanse Schans (last departure at 5.55pm): behold the famous windmills at the characteristic Zaanse Schans
- Edam (last departure at 6.15pm): during the Middle Ages, one of the most important cities in Holland; nowadays, a charming historical town
- Volendam (last departure at 6.25pm): this old fisherman’s village has a very beautiful harbor and breathes tradition
- Cheese Farm Henri Willig (last departure at 5.05pm): discover the art of cheese making during a free guided tour among the farm animals
- Monnickendam (last departure at 6.45pm): founded by monks, find out all about the history of this hidden gem
You can choose to upgrade your ticket to the PLUS option and visit 2 of the following attractions:
- THIS IS HOLLAND (10.00am - 7.00pm): experience a unique 5D flight overall must-sees in the Netherlands
- Experience Volendam (11.00am - 5.00pm): enjoy a guided and Virtual reality tour and discover the past of Volendam
- Digital photo in traditional Dutch costume (11.00am - 5.00pm): dress up in the traditional costume of Volendam. Great holiday photo guaranteed!
- Entry to The Edam Museum (10.00am - 4.30pm): absorb the significant history in the oldest brick house of Edam, dating back to 1540
- Canal tour along the river Zaan at the Zaanse Schans (10.00am - 5.00pm): a 25-minute boat tour with an amazing view of the windmills and the Zaan skyline. Departures: every 30 minutes. Last departure: 4.00pm