Half-day tour of the Camargue from Aix en Provence
- Enjoy the unique experience of the Regional Natural Park of Camargue
- Stroll in the charming village of Saintes-Maries de la Mer
- Possibility to visit the bird sanctuary of Pont de Gau (entrance not included)
Discover the wonderful French Provence while driving through Arles to reach the Regional Natural Park of Camargue where bulls and horses roam free in wide spaces. Established in 1970 to preserve the area's fragile ecosystems while sustaining local agriculture, the park contains a wide variety and large number of protected bird species (grey herons, little egrets, ducks, avocets, oystercatchers,...)
You will then arrive in Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, the capital of Camargue, along the wild and picturesque Route de Cacharel. Do not miss the fortified church, famous for its legend, and enjoy some free time in the village (possibility of swimming or sun-bathing). If you want to see the famous pink flamingos of Camargue, you have the opportunity to visit the Bird sanctuary of Pont de Gau (optional activity). Then you will take the road back to Aix en Provence.
- Transportation in 8-seater A/C minibus
- English-speaking professional driver/guide
- Pick-up from Apple Store in Aix en Provence
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance to the bird sanctuary of Pont de Gau
- Infant (0-3): free of charge.
- Children (4-11): 50% reduction
2 place du Général de Gaulle, 13100 Aix-en-Provence
In front of Apple Store, 2 place du Général de Gaulle, 13100 Aix-en-Provence
- Please be ready for pick-up 10 minutes before the tour
- Cancellation fees :Less than 2 days before departure : 20% of tour price / Less than 1 day before departure : 40% of tour price / The same day : 100% of tour price
From 1 April 2019 – 31 October 2019
Every Mondays and Thursdays
Departure: 1.30pm / Return: 7.30pm
Tour does not operate from November to March
With this free sensorial visit, L'Occitane en Provence opens the doors of its factory in Manosque, b...
If you want to have a general overview of the 'Most Beautiful Villages in France', this tour is made...
The south of France is one of the most beautiful regions in the country and it is well known for its...
During this 2-hour retro sidecar tour, you will discover the most beautiful of the Aixoises, the mou...
On this special day, you will discover the picturesque village of Les Baux-de-Provence on a vintage ...
From Aix-en-Provence, your guide will drive you aboard a retro side-car to Château La Coste, an idea...