Full-day private tour from Aix-en-Provence to Mont Sainte Victoire in search of Cézanne
- Discover the picturesque landscape of Mount Sainte Victoire, which inspired the artist Paul Cézanne so much.
- Enjoy tasting in the Côtes de Provence vineyards
- Admire the most beautiful landscapes of Provence on the road
During this full-day excursion, you will have an exceptional day out sampling the delights of good food & wine and discovering the delights of Paul Cézanne country in the heart of Provence
You will start the tour in Aix-en-Provence where we tour the old town to discover some of the highlights of Cézanne's daily life in Aix. We visit together numerous street markets and small artisanal shops, discover local specialities before the short drive via Le Tholonet to discover and admire the views over Mont Sainte Victoire that seduced Paul Cézanne and inspired him to paint many times from 1880. You will pass by the windmill that was his view over the mountain.
You will visit the village of Puyloubier, stopping en-route to visit two vineyards to learn about the St Victoire wines with a tasting. The Côtes de Provence Sainte Victoire vineyards located east of Aix-en-Provence are considered some of the most natural in France, due to the drying effects of the Mistral wind & shallow rocky soils, formed by limestone & sandstone which produces high-quality vines. Learn about the characteristics of the land, explore the wine making process whilst visiting the cellars of two different vineyards. Meet the winemakers, taste the wines - full-bodied reds, subtle elegant rosés & distinctive whites. If you want, you will have lunch at one of the vineyards that have an award-winning restaurant specializing in fresh local produce or a simple local restaurant in the village square in Puyloubier. After lunch a short stroll around the village before moving on to Rousset to visit a small family run domain.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, address or the cruise terminal, Gare St Charles Marseille or Aix-en-Provence TGV station.
- Travel to all of the sites and destinations proposed
- Wine tastings at selected vineyards.
- Dedicated guide/driver
- The 3-course lunch with wine.
- Pick up from out of Marseille or Aix-en-Provence area (please ask for details - supplement may be payable)
- Guide gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Child under 10 years old
- Youth from 11 to 17
- Senior from 65 years old
- You will be picked up at your hotel, address in Marseille or Aix en Provence or the cruise terminal, or Gare St Charles in Marseille or at the TGV (high-speed train) station, Aix-en-Provence.
- Please make sure to be at the pick-up point, 10 minutes before departure
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- The total duration of the tour is 7 hours to and from Aix-en-Provence or Marseille
- Subject to traffic conditions, we allow +-30 minutes for travel back to Marseille.
- The time includes approx 90 minutes for you to enjoy lunch and wine tasting.
- If you are staying outside Marseille, we can coordinate a pick-up from your address or from Gare St Charles, the mainline train station. (There may be a supplement payable)
- The 3-course lunch with wine & wine tasting at the vineyards is an extra
- Available languages: English, French
- Every day
- Departure time will be confirmed with your driver/guide
With this free sensorial visit, L'Occitane en Provence opens the doors of its factory in Manosque, b...
If you want to have a general overview of the 'Most Beautiful Villages in France', this tour is made...
The south of France is one of the most beautiful regions in the country and it is well known for its...
During this 2-hour retro sidecar tour, you will discover the most beautiful of the Aixoises, the mou...
On this special day, you will discover the picturesque village of Les Baux-de-Provence on a vintage ...
From Aix-en-Provence, your guide will drive you aboard a retro side-car to Château La Coste, an idea...